speak outt lloouudddd ;)

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Update of Myself




Time flies. That's always true. When I was still waiting for my SPM result, I am uncertain with my future, which I think everybody do. Even after I got my SPM result, I am still wondering which pathway to go. And now, I had finished my form 6 and enrolled into university. Frankly speaking, I wasn't well prepared for that. Because it was a shock for me actually when I revealed the university admission result. I didn't get my first choice, even I scored a perfect pointer. And I am not applying for a really reputed university. I understand the application is competitive and the quota available is limited. That's why I opted for a less fancy university. Just because I would like to pursue my dream, as a chemical engineer. I was ambitious to become one of it since I understand the importance of physics and engineering to solve problems around the world. I would like to involve myself in green technology, which I believe that is the way to save our mother earth. I even thought of involving myself in voluntary service to serve in third world countries like North Africa where green technology is highly needed and it related to the survival of people over there.  However, things don't turn out as it sounded.  I was given a mechanical engineering course. It is not my dream course but somehow it is acceptable. I believe if I am working hard enough, I can still use my professional knowledge and skills to help people building their nation. As what the main character in an India Movie ( 3 Idiots ) did.

The things is that, I am truly disappointed with the selection committee which I think they have got no dream to achieve. If not, they could have understood the feeling when their dreams have been broken by others without valid reason. There are many more students who got full pointer failed to gain admission. That's ridiculous. I understand that academic performance should not be the only criteria in considering an application. But, can't you see the students are trying their very best to impress you with their hard work? Just because they want to pursue their dreams. Scoring a perfect score in form 6 is not as easy as you think. It required tonnes of determination and efforts. And I think their hard work somehow deserves a reward. Definitely not a rejection of admission.

0 comments:

Post a Comment